Home Church aims to reach:-
- UP to God
- OUT to the community
- IN to strengthen the church.
- Seeks to honour God in everything it does – communion; worship; preaching the gospel; teaching God’s word; prayer and fellowship.
- Seeks to impact the local community by addressing the common needs of the community and by showing that a relationship with God can improve the quality of daily life and provide a certain hope for the future through the firm commitment of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Seeks to provide a welcoming environment where people from the community can meet to worship God and to increase their knowledge of and relationship with God, at a pace appropriate to each individual, which will allow the membership to achieve steady growth.
We believe in…
- The Bible to be the inspired word of God; the supreme and final authority in all matters of life and faith.
- In one sovereign eternal God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that this God is the source of all creation.
- God created man in His own image, but because of man’s wilful disobedience, he has become separated from God and is sinful in both nature and practice.
- God has expressed His love for man by opening up a way back to Himself by the giving of His Son, the Lord Jesus, to bear the punishment for man’s sin through the sacrifice of Calvary.
- Jesus Christ was and is eternally co-existent and co-equal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. He took upon Himself the nature of man through a virgin birth. He is therefore both divine and human in nature.
- Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, in perfect obedience to His Father God.
- In Jesus Christ’s atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, high priestly intercession, eternal existence and personal return in power and glory.
- Jesus died for our sins and that all who accept Him by faith are justified, not by any righteous works of their own but by His perfect righteousness and sin atoning death. Salvation is gained by grace through faith. There is salvation in no other.
- The Church, the body of Christ, is the bride of Christ.
- God has ordained local churches as centres of gathering for those who believe in Him and who seek to serve Him. Each individual believer is responsible to become an active member of a local church.
In response to the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ we practice;
- Communion by breaking bread and drinking wine in remembrance of Him. We welcome all true believers to join with us in this.
- Baptism (by immersion) of believers on their personal confession of faith in Jesus Christ.